Thank you for visiting and using AptDeco. This is an agreement between you (“you” or “your”) and AptDeco, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“AptDeco,” “we,” “us” or “our”) that governs your use of the AptDeco.com website, any mobile app we may provide, and any related tools and services (collectively, the “Services”). When you access or use the Services in any way or express your consent to these terms in any other respect, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Please make sure you review these Terms carefully, as they contain important information about your rights and obligations, including arbitration of legal disputes.
“AptDeco Content” means all Content that AptDeco makes available through the Services, including any Content licensed from a third party, but excluding User Content. “Collective Content” means User Content and AptDeco Content. “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information or other materials. “Buyer” means a User who buys a product from a Posting via the Services. “Seller” means a User who creates a Posting to sell via the Services. “Posting” means a product that is listed by a Seller as available for sale via the Services. “Item” means a product listed for sale by Seller or purchased by Buyer. “User” means a person who visits our website, completes the AptDeco account registration process, or uses the Services in any other respect, and include but are not limited to Sellers and Buyers. “User Content” means all Content that a User posts, uploads, publishes, submits or transmits to be made available through the Services. “Tax” or “Taxes” mean any sales taxes, value added taxes (VAT), goods and services taxes (GST) and other similar municipal, state and federal indirect or other withholding and personal or corporate income taxes.
AptDeco is an online marketplace designed to facilitate the buying and selling of tasteful used furnishings and other items among a community of discerning bargain hunters. We are committed to providing a positive experience for Buyers and Sellers in each transaction.
- Use the Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using the Service;
- Fail to deliver payment for Items purchased by you, unless the Seller has materially changed the item's description after you buy, or a clear typographical error is made;>/li>
- Post for sale any Item to which you do not hold full legal ownership rights or which is subject to any lien or transfer limitation;
Upon registration of your account you will be considered a member of AptDeco with user permissions eligible to use AptDeco for permitted activities, including the buying and selling of goods. You are responsible for keeping your account information accurate and current. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. We permit only one account per person. You may not share your password with anyone else. You may not provide false registration information or select a user name that infringes third party rights or misleads about your credibility or affiliation. You agree to notify AptDeco immediately on any unauthorized use of your account, username, or password. AptDeco shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by AptDeco, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
When you register with the Service or log in, you can do so directly through the Services by completing the required forms. To the extent we make such features available, you may also register to join AptDeco or you may log into your AptDeco account by using your third party social networking accounts, such as Facebook (each social networking account, a “Third Party Account). You may link your AptDeco account with Third Party Accounts by either: (i) providing your Third Party Account login information to AptDeco through the Services; or (ii) allowing AptDeco to access your Third Party Account in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third Party Account login information to AptDeco and/or grant AptDeco access to your Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account and without obligating AptDeco to pay any fees or making AptDeco subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third party service providers. By granting AptDeco access to any Third Party Accounts, you understand that AptDeco will access, make available and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third Party Account (“Third Party Account Content”) so that it is available on and through the Services via your AptDeco account and your AptDeco account profile page. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, personal information that you post to your Third Party Accounts may be available on and through your AptDeco account on the Services and may be visible to other Users. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all Third Party Account Content, if any, will be considered to be User Content for all purposes of these Terms. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. AptDeco makes no effort to review any Third Party Account Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement, and AptDeco is not responsible for any Third Party Account Content.
If you wish to disable a connection between your AptDeco account and any of your Third Party Accounts, you may do so by accessing the “Dashboard” section of AptDeco.com.
Collection of Fees by AptDecoAptDeco is an online marketplace designed to facilitate the buying and selling of tasteful used furnishings and other items among a community of discerning bargain hunters. We are committed to providing a positive experience for Buyers and Sellers in each transaction.
Procedure for Sales TransactionsAs a condition to your use of the Services, you agree to abide by the following procedures and guidelines when engaging in the sale or purchase of any Item. We may change these procedures and guidelines in the future, and such changes will be effective immediately upon posting without notice to you. It is important to note that AptDeco’s involvement is limited to that of a platform provider facilitating the transactions between a Seller and Buyer, and as such, AptDeco is not, and shall not be deemed to be, the agent of either party for any purpose. The following describes and explains the procedure to be followed in connection with a typical purchase completed via the Service:
- Seller lists an Item for sale by submitting a Posting to the Service. The Posting should be accurate, complete, and convey in all material respects the nature, quality, and price of the Item, along with any other information reasonably required in order for a Buyer to make an informed purchasing decision with respect to such Item. AptDeco reserves the right to review any Posting and to accept or reject it in its sole discretion. Prior to rejecting a Posting, AptDeco may, but need not, provide the Seller with an opportunity to correct or edit the Posting. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any of the foregoing, Seller shall remain solely responsible for the Posting and its contents and for any liability arising therefrom.
- Buyer purchases the Item and specifies whether the Item will be picked up by Buyer or whether Buyer prefers to purchase the delivery services of an AptDeco Delivery Partner. To complete the purchase, Buyer accepts and authorizes AptDeco to charge Buyer’s payment method on file for the full amount of any associated Proceeds and Fees. If Buyer is picking up, Buyer identifies pick-up date/time windows which are convenient to Buyer (the “Windows,” and each, a “Window”).
- AptDeco emails Seller with Buyer’s intentions.
- Seller responds to AptDeco within 24 hours to select among the Windows selected by Buyer, or responds to AptDeco to confirm availability for pick up by a Delivery Partner, as applicable, depending on Buyer’s chosen delivery method. If Seller does not respond within 24 hours, the order is subject to cancellation by AptDeco. Should Seller find that none of the Windows selected by Buyer are convenient, Seller may propose an Window, which Buyer shall thereafter either accept, or reject and propose a new Window, and so on, until Buyer and Seller identify a mutually acceptable Window.
- AptDeco notifies Buyer to confirm the final scheduled Window for the purchased Item. For the avoidance of doubt, Buyer is primarily responsible for pick-up and/or delivery and is solely responsible for covering any related costs, and Seller’s sole responsibility in connection with delivery is to be available and present at the scheduled time and place to release the Item to Buyer or the Delivery Partner, as applicable. In the event Seller is not available during the agreed-upon Window, Seller shall be responsible for paying the Delivery Partner Fee paid by Buyer, and the order shall be subject to cancellation by AptDeco.
- Buyer receives Item. Buyer confirms the Item is delivered on the AptDeco website. If Buyer reports no problems with the Item or if Buyer does not confirm delivery after two (2) business days (the “Review Period”), , the transaction becomes final, AptDeco transfers the relevant Proceeds to the Seller’s account, and AptDeco retains any relevant Fees paid by Buyer.
We may change the Terms and the Services without notice, and you are responsible for checking these Terms periodically for revisions. All amended Terms are effective upon our posting through the Services, and any use of the Services after such revisions have been posted and any opt in consent that you may provide through the Services signifies your consent to the changes.
Either you or we may terminate these Terms at any time for any reason whatsoever. However, should any open purchase transaction(s) remain between you and any other User at the time you attempt to terminate, these Terms shall continue in effect until such time as all pending transactions have been finalized. The indemnity, limitation of liability, and payment provisions and all other provisions of these Terms that, by their nature, are intended to survive any termination of these Terms, shall do so. If you terminate these Terms, upon the effective date of termination, your license to use the Services provided herein will immediately terminate.
You shall indemnify and hold AptDeco and its affiliates and its and their respective owners, directors, officers, members, employees, and agents harmless from all claims and demands, costs, damages and liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) caused by or resulting from your use of the Services, your business or personal activities, any Content, products, Postings, Items, or services furnished by you, or your breach of these Terms.