AptDeco (YC W14) is looking for a talented public relations and communications manager to join our marketing team to develop and support AptDeco's mission. Along with the head of marketing you will execute successful content strategies through storytelling. The right person will own the brand's key relationships with the media, seeding stories and developing partnerships through influencers in our markets.
AptDeco is making the exchange of home décor easy for everyone. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a really fast-paced startup culture.
Some of your qualifications:
- Previous experience in communications is preferred; background + education in journalism is a plus.
- Able to build a strong network of media and industry influencers
- Understanding of the media, their distribution strategies, and interests in order to build strategy around it
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Looking to make a real impact on a growing business!
- Proficient/familiarity with Google Drive
- Develop and coordinate communications internally and externally
- Work with marketing team to manage day-to-day needs across key projects
- Manage and contribute to the editorial calendar
- Participate in branding and brainstorm sessions in order to position the company within industry standards for content
- Anticipate and interpret media opinions, customer feedback, and issues that may impact the brand
- Work in parallel with the social media department in order to maximize social engagement
- When needed, write short/long form content